Applying blush is not always easy but in this post, we will show you how to make this process simple in just three steps.
Let´s do it!
Define your face shape
Before applying anything, you will want to make sure you have clear what your face shape is because it will be very important info for applying your blush. Here are a few keys to define your face shape:
– Round faces are as wide as they are long
– Heart-shaped faces start with a wider forehead and narrow down towards the chin
– Oval faces have a forehead that is a bit wider than the chin and have strongly present cheekbones
– Square faces tend to have a forehead with the same width as the cheekbones and chin
– Triangular faces have a very narrow and almost pointy chin with high cheekbones
– Rectangular faces are similar to oval faces but they are less wide and longer
Pick the right blush
Now that you know your face shape, let´s look at how to pick the right blush. When it comes to powder blush or liquid formulas, we are big fans of the latter. Powder blushes can settle into your pores or into fine lines making it very clear you are wearing blush. Liquid or gel blushes blend much easier into your skin and therefore give a more natural look.
Identify where to apply your blush dependent on your face shape
Finally, dependent on your face shape you will have to apply your liquid blush in a different way:
If you have a round face, try to go for matte blushes and work from your ears down via the cheekbone towards your mouth.
With a heart-shaped face, you will want to soften the edges a little bit so you will want to begin with the outer corner of your cheekbone, start at your ear and stop below the outer corner of your eye. Add a little bit of blush as well at the centre of your forehead to balance the width with your chin.
On an oval face, you will just want to apply blush over your cheekbones by aiming just above the bones to help raise their height.
With a square face, aim for slightly below your cheekbones to soften the edges of your face.
If you have a triangular face, your blush should be applied in a sideways V-shape on your cheekbones.
Finally, with a rectangular face, you will want to apply your blush below the outer corners of your eyes and blend it well. Never go lower than your nose to optically shorten your face a little bit.